Description: The Department of the Navy, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, NAVFAC Atlantic, has a requirement for Photovoltaic Renewable Energy Generation and Production for Naval Station Newport Located in Newport, Rhode Island.
Customer: Naval Facilities Engineering Command
NAICS: 221114: Solar Electric Power Generation
RFP: Q2 FY15
The Contractor shall:
- Maximize the land opportunity for the development of a 10-15 MW energy generation asset to
- power facilities onboard Naval Station Newport
- Provide enhance energy security for the installation
- Reduce NAVFAC’s and the overall DoN’s carbon footprint
- Maximize the financial benefits
- Purchase electricity at a lower cost than conventional energy sources over the life of the contract.
- The current blended rates for electricity at the installations is: $119 /MWh