Description: MSFC has a requirement for a structure to house a 7.2m Deep Space Habitat (DSH) Concept Demonstrator. The structure will be used to build and assess configurations that may be used for future missions. Human Factors Engineering (HFE) assessments within the volume will allow for simulation and testing of proposed designs and implementation into final designs for the Habitat that will launch.
Customer: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
NAICS: 332311 -- Prefabricated Metal Building and Component Manufacturing
RFP: Q2 FY16
To effectively support the NASA requirements, the following features are the acceptable minimum requirements for a 7.2m DSH Concept Demonstrator.
1. System SHALL be erected in Building 4649.
2. Shall include Technical Specifications and Users Manuals in hardcopy or .pdf format in English language.
3. Structure SHALL be between 7.2 and 7.5 m in diameter.
4. Structure SHALL be outfitted with 2 floors of adjustable height.
5. Willingness to store structure until room can be made in 4649 for it to be erected.
6. Erection of structure in designated area is necessary.
7. Structure SHALL hold a minimum of 10,000 lbs. on each of the 2 floors.
8. Structure SHALL have accessibility to both floors through somewhat simple methods.
9. EV74 SHALL be able to install a plywood floor on 24 in. centers, subfloor frame supplied by manufacturer.
10. SHALL have access doors on both floors.
11. SHALL be moveable to other locations within 4649.